People First Agenda
ACCOUNTABILITY, CONSULTATION, TRANSPARENCY
Single most important issue within the City – our Budget
We need to get our BUDGET in order. And our spending under control.
Income (Taxes) – Spending (Expenses) – Debt + Interest (Mortgage) = Surplus/Deficit
Let’s not mortgage our future!
Building A Better Ottawa
My Planning Template
• Community Consultation Process
• Use Community Design Plans as a basis.
• How are people affected?
• How is housing affected?
• How are these points addressed in the proposal?
• Stop Urban Sprawl
Increase Affordable Housing
• Inclusionary Zoning
• Designated Infill
• Use Existing Residential Stock
• Repurpose redundant properties
• Create A Micro Housing Industry
• Invite Public Participation
(Granny Suites, Basement Apartments, Spare Rooms, etc.)
• Lobby For More Funding From Provincial & Federal Governments
• Fully Adopt Housing First
• Limit Emergency Shelters
• Introduce Needs Assessment Program
• Provide Support Programs Needed
• Eliminate clustering and segregation of Homeless Population
Keeping Our Streets Safe
• Ensure adequate resources to Police Force
• Reintroduce Community Policing
• Encourage Neighbourhood Watch Programs
• Establish Food Patrol
Efficient Public Transit
• Review Costs of LRT Delays
• Determine Realistic Start Date For Phase I LRT
• Review Phase II LRT
• Determine Phase III LRT
• Achieving an Efficient Bus System
A Greener Ottawa
My Environmental Template
• Protection of Our Green Canopy
• Tree Sustainability: Cut a tree. Plant A Tree.
• Include Environment Impact Assessment With Building Applications
• Public Education: The Three R’s
• Follow My Green Campaign Example: No lawn signs, no posters, minimal waste